IGNITE: The Campaign for UIC
Launched in October 2017, IGNITE: The Campaign for UIC is an ambitious fundraising campaign that seeks to elevate the student experience, faculty research, and community connections. LAS' goal is $35 million. Between now and the end of the IGNITE Campaign (6/30/2022), LAS will seek support for the following priorities:
Priority 1: Redefine the model for student experience and success.
- Double the number of students we support with new scholarship funds.
- Increase research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Paid internship opportunities for students.
Priority 2: Cultivate and empower faculty leaders.
- Retain and recruit top faculty through an increase in endowed chairs, professorships and lectureships.
Priority 3: Drive life-changing discoveries.
- Increase private support for faculty research.
- Enhance learning environments (labs, centers and institutes).
Priority 4: Strengthen connections to our communities.
- Empower students with opportunities to become engaged citizens and to work in partnership with communities.